Getting to know your system
Posted in Uncategorised on 20th March 2015
Getting to know your heating system can save you money, knowing the different components and how they work and don’t work can help you realise when components have broken and when they need replacing.
When components break they usually get stuck in one position:
Constantly on: Meaning your boiler is constantly firing
Constantly Off: Meaning you are cold
Some simple checks when you turn on your hot water/ heating can save you hundreds of pounds:
1. Turn on your heating, Does it Turn on/off?
2. Turn on your hot water does it turn on/off?
3. Does the pump run?
4. Does the boiler fire up?
5. Turn down the thermostat, Does everything turn off?
6. Time how long it takes to get warm, does it take too long? are radiators cold at the bottom?
7. check your times on your programmer, are they set right? is anybody at home when the heating is on?
8.Does any of the components make funny noises?
9. Is the pump noisy?
10. Bleed your radiators with the pump turned off.
If you have any problems it will be cheaper to repair then to leave over winter.
Why choose us?
Really enjoyed having Jason around at what was a very tough, busy and stressful time for us but his attitude made it all seem very straightforward! And he can sing very well too! 😉
Leena, North Hykeham
I contacted JAS Plumbing about a Power Flush, If I am honest I was a little concerned about Jason’s experience, but he proved that I did not need to be. The response to my email was prompt, the price was fair and Jason turned up bang on time. The work was completed efficiently and I am very happy with the service received. Thank you