Getting to know your system
Posted in Uncategorised on 20th March 2015
Getting to know your heating system can save you money, knowing the different components and how they work and don’t work can help you realise when components have broken and when they need replacing.
When components break they usually get stuck in one position:
Constantly on: Meaning your boiler is constantly firing
Constantly Off: Meaning you are cold
Some simple checks when you turn on your hot water/ heating can save you hundreds of pounds:
1. Turn on your heating, Does it Turn on/off?
2. Turn on your hot water does it turn on/off?
3. Does the pump run?
4. Does the boiler fire up?
5. Turn down the thermostat, Does everything turn off?
6. Time how long it takes to get warm, does it take too long? are radiators cold at the bottom?
7. check your times on your programmer, are they set right? is anybody at home when the heating is on?
8.Does any of the components make funny noises?
9. Is the pump noisy?
10. Bleed your radiators with the pump turned off.
If you have any problems it will be cheaper to repair then to leave over winter.
Why choose us?
I Have contacted JAS Plumbing on a few occasions and every time Jason has made sure the job is completed even if it has taken him longer then expected. He is polite, friendly and extremely professional. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone. keep it up.
“I would recommend this company, work carried out in 2 days, Jason was very hard working from when he arrived in the morning at 9am until he left in the evening at approx 6pm. Removing our old potterton boiler, putting in new pipework and a new boiler. He was a clean and tidy worker, who arranged for our old boiler and pipes to be taken away.We were totally satisfied with his work.”