Getting to know your system
Posted in Uncategorised on 20th March 2015
Getting to know your heating system can save you money, knowing the different components and how they work and don’t work can help you realise when components have broken and when they need replacing.
When components break they usually get stuck in one position:
Constantly on: Meaning your boiler is constantly firing
Constantly Off: Meaning you are cold
Some simple checks when you turn on your hot water/ heating can save you hundreds of pounds:
1. Turn on your heating, Does it Turn on/off?
2. Turn on your hot water does it turn on/off?
3. Does the pump run?
4. Does the boiler fire up?
5. Turn down the thermostat, Does everything turn off?
6. Time how long it takes to get warm, does it take too long? are radiators cold at the bottom?
7. check your times on your programmer, are they set right? is anybody at home when the heating is on?
8.Does any of the components make funny noises?
9. Is the pump noisy?
10. Bleed your radiators with the pump turned off.
If you have any problems it will be cheaper to repair then to leave over winter.
Why choose us?
Jason was friendly, thorough and clearly bothered more about doing a good job than disappearing as soon as possible. Based on this afternoon I’d recommend JAS Plumbing and Heating to anyone locally… If all trades were like this things would be a lot simpler. Cheers
Very tidy worker and made sure everything works as it should before he finished. If you’re looking for a reliable plumber, Jason is your man! Highly recommended.”
Jess, St Giles