Gas Safety week 2017
Posted in Uncategorised on 18th September 2017
Gas Safety Week: Fighting for a Gas Safe nation
We are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2017, taking place 18th – 24th September.
Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. It is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
By taking care of your gas appliances properly you are taking care of your home and your loved ones. Follow these few simple checks to keep you and your family safe.
• Check your gas appliances every year. Gas appliances should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Tenants – make sure your landlord arranges this. Set a reminder so you don’t forget at www.staygassafe.co.uk.
• Check your engineer is Gas Safe registered. You can find and check an engineer at www.gassaferegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.
• Check your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
• Check for warning signs your appliances aren’t working correctly e.g. lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
• Know the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
• Have an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
For gas safety advice or to find and check an engineer visit the Gas Safe Register website at www.gassaferegister.co.uk . Alternatively call the free helpline on 0800 408 5500.
Why choose us?
The shower has been perfect since Jason sorted it out! I cannot praise Jason and Sarah enough, I have recommended JAS to all my friends and family and will always use them in the future.
I was really pleased with the work that Jason has done for us. We were happy with the quote and that all the arrangements were in place. I would definitely recommend Jason and JAS Plumbing and Heating