Gas Safety Week 2016
Posted in Uncategorised on 9th September 2016
Gas Safety Week: Fighting for a Gas Safe nation
We are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2016, taking place between 19th – 25th September.
Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of keeping gas burning appliances maintained. It is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas. It is Impossible to see it, taste it or smell it but it can kill quickly with no warning.
Gas Safety Precautions
By taking care of your gas appliances properly you are taking care of your home and your loved ones. Follow these few simple checks to keep you and your family safe.
• Check your gas appliances every year. Gas appliances should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Tenants – make sure your landlord arranges this. Set a reminder so you don’t forget at www.staygassafe.co.uk.
• Check your engineer is Gas Safe registered. You can find and check an engineer at www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.
• Check your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
• Consumers should watch for warning signs that their appliances aren’t working correctly e.g. lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
• Homeowners should know the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
• Consumers should have an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will not only sound an audible alarm if there is carbon monoxide in your home but will also help to give you peace of mind.
For gas safety advice or to find and check an engineer visit the Gas Safe Register website at www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk. Furthermore you can call Gas safe for free on 0800 408 5500.
Get In contact to discuss how we can help you.
Click here to get in contact today.
Why choose us?
My daughter’s house was flooded whilst she was away and we could not work out where the leak had come from. JAS Plumbing attended quickly and after detailed investigation Jason and Ian identified the source and fixed it. They are a professional team who take great care and are competitively priced. Will definitely use them again
Kieran, Cherry Willingham
Thoroughly recommended. Great guy, knows his stuff, our go-to plumber. Don’t feed him after 10pm